Have you ever touched a Japanese knife with your bare hands? If you don’t know, you don’t know what real art is. The Japanese knifemakers made a work of art out of a kitchen knife. Each authentic Japanese knife represents the centuries-old culture of Japanese sword making, the heritage of the samurai. Nowadays they produce a lot of knives with a great variety. You must see a lot of cheap Japanese knives. But today we will talk about high quality Japanese knives from a very well-known manufacturer, Yaxell.
In Japan, the city of Sheki is the most important city for the production of knives. You can’t imagine how many years of cutlery history there is in the city of Seki? That was 780 years ago, when the production of knives began in the city of Secchi. A swordsman named Motoshige moved from Kyushu to Seki and started making katana.
Like all other renowned Japanese knife manufacturers, Yaxell is based in the city of Sheki. Can you ask me why the city of Secchi? To make a Japanese knife, you need four essential things. Steel, coal, water and soil. All these things are of course available in the city of Sequi. That’s why the city of Secchi is important.
In 1876, the government forbade people to carry arms. Then the swordsmen start forging little knives and scissors. Yaxell found a swordsman and started making knives. They founded their company in 1932. He didn’t have a name back then. The company was appointed in 1947. His name was Yamada, Mfg cutlery. & Co. The company name Yaxell was introduced in 1992. Enough with the story. Now let’s talk about the Jacksell Corporation knives. Jaxell essentially produced eight types of knives. Actually, they’re not boys. We could call it a series. Super-gu, Gou, Ran, Zen, Sayaka, Tsutsimon, Mon and Yukari are the series. All these knives are made for professional use.
Yaxell Super Gou Chef’s Knife Review
If you are considering buying the perfect Japanese knife for your chef, the Yaxell, over 80 years old, offers you many possibilities. The Yaxell Super Gou chef’s knife is one of the newest and strongest knives from Chef Yaxell, formerly known as Yamada cutlery mfg and Co. People who need a high-quality knife for professional kitchens love it.
Click on the image for more reviews
Features and benefits of the Yaxell Super-Gow Chefknife
- It’s an eight-inch knife. The size is very handy as a knife for a cook.
- The core of the blade is made of super strong microcarbide steel called SG2. The quality of the steel has made the Super Guffe knife an excellent knife.
- Like any other Japanese flagship knife, the heart of the blade consists of 80 layers on each side. There are a total of 161 layers. These layers made the leaf so strong.
- The Yaxell Super Gou cook’s knife is corrosion resistant and will last a long time without compromising performance.
- Yaxell offers warranty services. So there’s nothing to worry about.
Why you should buy it
- Extremely hard and extremely strong.
- Very sharp cutting edge.
- Simple sharpening.
- Handle in black and red micro linen, hand polished.
- Guaranteed materials. No chance of faulty products.
- This is a real Japanese knife.
No one can find a problem with this excellent piece of steel. All we can say is that the price is a bit exaggerated.
I always say that everyone has a choice and doesn’t need the same product. This is a professional chef’s knife of very high quality. If you are a professional chef or if you want professional knives in your kitchen, the Yaxell Super Gourmet knife is the perfect choice. I personally consider it one of the great knives of our time. The comfortable size and surprisingly balanced design make this knife an excellent choice among all other Japanese knives. Yaxell always brings first-class, impeccable knives, and the Super Chef’s knife is no different.
Yaxell Gou 8 inches
dressed in 101 layers cook’s knife revue
The Yaxell Gou series has proven the exceptional craftsmanship of the Yaxell craftsmen. The damask pattern of the silver blade not only enhances its beauty, but also makes the blade super-hard and durable. Like all traditional Japanese knives, this gourmet knife is completely handmade. Traditional forging techniques are used by Yaksel knifemakers.
Yaxell Gou 101 cook’s knife
Features and Benefits of the 8 Chef Yaxell Gou Knife
- An 8 inch blade that is the most comfortable size of a chef’s knife. This size is ideal for a utility knife.
- SG-2 high-grade carbon steel with 101 layers.
- The blade is corrosion resistant.
- So long strong.
- The damask pattern on the surface of the leaf is the most important visible sign of the leaf.
- This knife has a black handle like my card. It is made of resin and linen. The clutch is excellent. Three stainless steel rivets are used to attach the handle of a full-grain knife.
- There’s a steel cap on the underside of the knife. The name of the brand is engraved on it.
Why you should buy it
- Extremely hard steel.
- Super sharp edge.
- Grinding is easy.
- A simple silver blade.
- Black canvas with a high gloss polished handle made of linen mycartes.
- Lifetime warranty.
- A product of a very reliable manufacturer.
This knife needs special care. (We strongly advise you to wash your hands. Wipe it off before you go to the store. You must use the knife block to store this knife because of its deadly sharpness.
When you talk about a multifunctional knife from a very reputable company, all the positive things come to mind. It’s a professional knife. A knife like that in your own kitchen would be a matter of prestige.
Set of 6 Yaxell Monknives – Made in Japan – VG10 stainless steel knife withblock in fine dark ash wood.
If you need several knives for different applications in the kitchen, you need knife sets. This is a set of 6 knives, including 5 main knives and a nice knife block made of dark ash for common storage. This set of knives is from the Yaxell Mon series. It’s a bit of a thrifty show.
Features and benefits of the Yaxell Mon 6-piece knife set.
|No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.||Knife type||Size|
|1||Fly away||3.25 inches|
The set also contains a nice thin wooden knife block of dark ash.
Features and benefits of the Yaxell mon 6-piece sheet set
- Master Yaxell manufactured this sheet in Japanese VG10 stainless steel with 3 layers of cobalt-molybdenum-vanadium. Both sides of the blade are covered with high-quality stainless steel.
- There is a wavy line of the Katana sword on the surface of the blade. The knife is beautifully crafted, which is called sandblasting.
- As far as solidity is concerned, we see that with a good result from Rockwell it is already quite difficult. The score is 61.
- The handle is made of FDA-approved materials. The handle is made of black resin and linen. It’s called Mycarta’s pen. The handle is attached by a solid sounding knife with two stainless steel rivets.
- It is recommended to wash in clean, warm water.
- The angle of the edge is about 12 degrees, which proves that the sharpness of this knife will impress you.
Why you should buy it
- You get five different knives. This group of knives will run your kitchen. With these knives you can easily perform many different cutting tasks.
- Quality and durability of steel.
- Super hot.
- Beautiful and comfortable handles.
- Beautiful black wooden knife block.
- If you don’t need more than one knife, this set isn’t for you.
- Resin is a problem for the stainless steel blade.
The new kitchen may require different types of knives. A set of 6 Yaxell mon knives can cover your needs. All these knives are of the same quality and made of the same materials. There is a significant and important difference in the size of the knives. I have to say it’s a smart combination. A perfect set of knives from the perfect company would be an excellent choice. Moreover, the price is very affordable.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Q1 : Why Jacksell?
Answer me this: Jaxel has a good history of making Japanese knives. You have a reputation all over the world. For a professional quality knife you should check out the Yaxell knives.
Q2 : What’s the rhythm of all Yaxell’s series?
Answer me this: Jaxell shows his knives in six different sets. This is the best of all the Super Gou series.
- Q3 : Is a fungus better than a wooden pen?
Answer me this: The handle of the Micarta is made of resin, while the linen handle is made of resin and plastic. They’re both good. Both are very exciting and strong. But frankly, I think a wooden packaging is good in terms of design. Otherwise it’s the same thing.
Q4 : Is a Damascus model needed for a Japanese knife?
Answer me this: This is not necessary, but it does add a special command and a few extra functions to the blade.
Yaxell is one of the largest producers of Japanese knives. Like other well-known Japanese knife manufacturers, Yaxell Corporation has a good history of knife production. The company Yaxell is known as a manufacturer of high quality knives.
Professional chefs are therefore the most important customers for their knives. Despite the fact that the knife has professional features, it has a very attractive appearance. The damask pattern and the micardium stick give this knife an excellent appearance. The engraved lower cover is the sign of a high-quality knife.
yaxell super gou chef's knife,yaxell super gou 161,yaxell super gou 8 kiritsuke knife,yaxell tsuchimon review,yaxell knives reddit,yaxell super gou nakiri,cutlery and more,yaxell ypsilon
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.