What’s Santoku? Santoku is a Japanese word. This means three virtues or three applications. So we can easily understand that the Santoku knife is best used for three specific purposes. The old Japanese samurai masters have been knifemakers since the last century, and they invented this Santoku knife precisely to facilitate the work of modern cuisine.
They designed it shorter and lighter than the other knives. But they’ve made it harder. The front edge of the best Santoku knife is shorter than that of the western kitchen knife. So the rocker trip is shorter.
A typical Santoku knife has no pliers. The smaller cutting edge is evenly distributed. There are many Santoku knives on the world market. In this article I’m going to talk about the best knives in Santoku.
List of the 6 best Japanese Santoku knives in the world 2020
- SantocuZelit Infinity 7 inch knife – Alpha Royal series.
- Professional HANZO Santoku knife Katana Santoku series.
- Shun Hiro SG2 Santoku Knife 7 inches.
- Zelite Infinity Executive-Plus from the Santoku knife series.
- DALSTRONG Santoku Shogun Santoku knife series.
- Shun DM0718 Classic Santoku hollow knife.
Difference between a kitchen knife and the best Santoku knife
Let’s look at the definitions of the two knives and the differences between them.
Cook’s knife: A knife that is between 8 and 10 inches long and made for the general kitchen is generally called a cook’s knife. The blade of the chef’s knife is bent upwards along its entire length to create a narrow, sharp end. A chef’s knife is universal and must have a knife. His main task is to chop, dice and chop into pieces.
Santoku knife: Medium Japanese knife with light blade, straight or slightly curved edge. In the Santoku knife the spine is bent to the tip. The Santoku knife is the Japanese equivalent of the classic chef’s knife.
The main difference between a classic chef’s knife and a Santoku knife:
- The Santoku knife is shorter than the cook’s knife.
- The Santoku knife has a thinner blade.
- The Santoku knife has a sharp point.
- The Santoku knife has a straighter edge.
Quick comparison table for selecting the best Japanese Santoku knife
|Name of the best Santoku knife for home cooking||MAINTENANCE INFINITIZATION Santoku Knife||HANZO Santoku Professional Santoku Knife||SG2 Santoku Shun Hiro Knife||MAINTENANCE INFINITIZATION Santoku Knife||Colour blind Santoku knife||DM0718 Santoku Classic Shun Knife|
|Steel grade||AUS10 Super Steel||VG-10 67 layers of Japanese steel.||SG2 Japanese steel||High quality steel VG10||Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel||Japanese VG-10 high carbon super steel.|
|Handle||Triple rivet with round handle G10||Treatment of G10 equipment||Pacquier wooden handle made of dark charcoal||Black forged G10 handle||G10 handle for military use||Pakavud D-shaped handle|
|Sharpness||A razor blade||Super thin and sharp||Very sharp.||Incredible sharpness||super hot||super hot|
|Size||7 inches||7 inches||7 inches||7 inches||7 inches||7 inches|
|Particulars||Fine drawing of the Damascus Tsunami Rose||A very fine knife||cucumber forged finish||53 mm ultra deep blade||Small rectangular hollow rock divers||Strength and flexibility at the top|
|A balanced satisfaction||The best Santoku in price and quality||Excellent Santocu knife of very high quality||The best design with the best comfort and the best quality of the Santoku knife.||Very reliable Santoku kitchen knife||Classic Santoku knife for classic cuisine|
Go to a detailed overview.
GREEN INFINITY Santocu Knife 7 inch – Royal Alfa Series – Overall balanced satisfaction
When I have to talk about the best Santocu knives, the 7 inch Santocu Zelite Infinity knife comes to mind first. The Green Infinity represents this knife between a series of Alpha pianos. This 7 inch knife is very popular all over the world. The sharpness and quality of the steel are the best. It is used by professional chefs in famous restaurants.
Advantages and features of the Zelite Infinity Santoku knife:
- The blade is 7 inches in size.
- Japan’s best quality AUS10 Super steel, which is a high-carbon stainless steel.
- Hollow sharpening knives.
- Elegant Damascus Tsunami Rose pattern.
- Non-stick surface.
- The release of liquid nitrogen ensures a long lasting effect.
- Stain and rust resistant.
- Razor sharp edge.
- G10 with handle with triple rounded rivet.
- Premium package.
- 100% satisfaction.
- Money back guarantee. Available on Amazon
Why do we recommend it?
The Santoku Zelite Infinity knife is one of the best Santoku knives on the market. The short and thin knife can perform all cutting tasks very easily and in a few ways. The Japanese AUS10 Super steel and razor-sharp edge make it a premium quality knife. The G10 handle also provides sufficient grip. Zelite Infinity has great confidence in the product. They offer their customers a money-back guarantee. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
HANZO Santoku Professional Katana knife series – The best Santoku knife for price and quality
The knife of professional chef Hanzo Santoku from the Katana series. Hanzo confirms that this is a Santoku knife and that it has all the characteristics that a high quality Santoku knife should have. The Japanese are known for their uncompromising use of high-quality materials for cutlery. Hanzo’s no different. They used first class materials to make one of the best knives in Santoku.
Benefits and features of the Hanzo Santoku Professional Knife
- Handmade and hand-cut.
- 100% Japanese steel. VG-10 67 layers of Japanese steel.
- Japanese Damascus leaf.
- Hardness 60+ on the Rockwell scale.
- Very thin blade with full shaft.
- Treatment of G10 equipment.
- Well done, well done.
- Best price.
- No compromises on quality.
- 100% satisfaction and money back guarantee. Available on Amazon
Why do we recommend it?
The Hanzo professional knife is a handmade Japanese knife, the best in terms of price and quality. Hazo delivers the knife directly from the company. There’s no middleman here. No additional advertising or personnel costs. So it’s very expensive for your money. At $200, that’s one of the best knives I’ve ever seen. Not only is the price correct, but also the quality is unbeatable.
Shun Hiro SG2 7 inch Santoku knife –Santoku knife of very high quality and superior quality
Of all Japanese cutlery companies, Shun is the best known and most popular. Every year they sent a huge amount of product. The 7 inch Santocu Hiro SG2 knife is a high quality Santocu knife that has all the special features that a Santocu knife should have. Hiro’s a Japanese word. It means abundant, generous and prosperous. So, like a knife. The Shun hiro SG2 is built of pure Japanese materials.
Benefits and features Shun Hiro SG2
- SG2 in Japanese steel with 32 layers of Damascus-nickel and stainless steel on both sides of the blade. Okay, only 65 diapers.
- Double-blade knife.
- The edge is exceptionally thin and strong.
- Solid leaf type. 64 points on the Rockwell scale.
- Dark charcoal packing wooden handle.
- Nickel silver rolls.
- Kolotnye tsukhimi on the surface of a leaf. It helps free the food from the knife. Available on Amazon
Why do we recommend it?
First you will be drawn to a plate of wrapped cucumbers. That’s very helpful. You will find his advantage if you use the knife. The quality of the theft is extremely high and belongs to the best of all Japanese thieves. High sharpness and maximum cut resistance cost you money. This 7-inch sheet is a work of art and a symbol of the ancient culture of Japanese cutlery.
ZELITE INFINITY Executive-Plus 7 inch Santoku knife series – The best design with the best comfort and the best quality Santoku knife series
The Santoku knife is a knife that you have used every day in the kitchen. Comfort is therefore an important issue. The Santoku knife series from Zelite infinity Executive-plus offers maximum comfort combined with an ultramodern design. The best materials and a modern technical design make this knife a high quality Santoku knife.
Features and benefits of the Zelite Infinity Series Santoku knife
- VG10 super steel with 67 layers of high carbon stainless steel.
- The rose pattern of the Damascus-tsunami rose gives the knife an executive look.
- Breathtakingly beautiful and functionally elitist.
- The ultra-deep blade of 53 mm ensures maximum ground clearance.
- The angle is 12 degrees on each side.
- Incredible sharpness ensures an easy cut.
- Black G10 forged handle with the world’s first triple rivet function for humpstones.
- Cone shaped pillow.
- Extreme comfort.
- Perfect balance.
- Beautiful leather pouch is included in the price. Available on Amazon.
Why do we recommend it?
Zelite Infinity took the Santoku knife to the next level. By using super steel, they make it perfectly balanced and give you incredible control. Outstanding style, total comfort, maximum sharpness – one of these features is enough to remind you of a knife. This knife from the Santoku Executive-plus series has all three of these characteristics. You can hardly escape this beauty. It’s one of the best knives in Santoku in days.
DALSTRONG Shogun Series Santoku Knives – Very reliable knife for the home kitchen Santoku
Dalstrong presents the new perfect Santoku knife with award-winning craftsmanship and advanced technology. By order of the Shogun. For the very reliable Santoku kitchen knife they used top quality Japanese materials such as Japanese AUS-10V steel, which is vacuum processed. AUS-10V is a special steel grade consisting of seven different chemicals.
Benefits and features of Dalstrong Shogun Santoku Series
- AUS-10V Japanese super steel. It is clamped between 66 layers of high-grade carbon steel.
- 62+ Rockwell hardness.
- Leaf with liquid nitrogen cooling.
- An angle of 8 to 12 degrees on each side provides super sharpness with the Honbazuke grinding method.
- Flexibility and corrosion resistance.
- Small hollow rectangular notches in the rock minimize surface resistance and increase non-stick properties.
- The military grade G10 handle has a strong grip and a very waterproof fiberglass construction. The beautiful mouthpiece and copper mosaic underline its beauty.
- User satisfaction is guaranteed, says Dalstrong: Maximum performance, without compromise. Available on Amazon
Why do we recommend it?
Dalstrong’s knife is always something special. All their knives look modern and the technology is inspired. The Japanese superstrength AUS-10V is not used in conventional knives. The Dalstrong Master transforms the leaf into a super leaf by means of liquid nitrogen cooling and extra vacuum treatment. So there’s no compromise in the st
Shun DM0718 Classic Santoku Knife, 7 inch – Shun DM0718 Classic Santoku Knife –Classic Kitchen Knife
Talking about Shun is much more interesting than any other Japanese knife. Shun uses old samurai sword building techniques in his knife-making project. The artisanal method is very popular in Japan. Each knife gets special attention and is brought to perfection by Master Shun. The classic Santoku Shun DM0718 is a knife that can be your first Japanese knife or the 50th. This is a mandatory knife for those who like Japanese knives. This 7 inch piece of iron is a classic Santoku knife for the chic kitchen.
Advantages and properties Shun DM0718 classic Santoku knife
- Made of Japanese VG-10 high carbon super steel.
- The blade is sharpened at an angle of 16 degrees and therefore super sharp like any western knife.
- Edge retention is excellent.
- On the Rockwell scale the hardness is 60-61, allowing long sharp edges.
- Each side of the blade is covered with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 damask stainless steel, creating a beautiful pattern.
- The strength and flexibility from the blade to the mark.
- Pakavud’s D-shaped handle provides a comfortable grip with a sturdy design.
- It’s a product of the city of Sequi, a cutlery paradise.
- Avoid washing hands as recommended and keep them dry.
- A limited lifetime warranty is provided.
Available for sale on Amazon
Why do we recommend it?
The classic Santoku Shun knife is a classic knife used in all elegant kitchens. If you are looking for a perfectly designed Santoku knife with a classic look and a famous brand, then the classic Santoku knife is the only choice.
What is the best use of the Santoku knife?
Earlier in this article I said that santoku is a Japanese word that means three virtues or three customs. You can easily see that it is used for three purposes. With the Santoku knife you can perform three very important kitchen tasks. These three requests:
These are the three main tasks the Santoku knife can perform. But the Santoku knife is a utility knife. It can be used for many other cutting operations. People cut boneless meat, cheese, vegetables, green fodder, fruit and all kinds of other products. A Santoku knife is the solution for many cutting tasks.
How to keep a Santoku knife?
The storage of a Santoku knife is no different than that of a Japanese knife. Santoku knives are smaller and made of traditional Japanese steel using hand forging techniques. Another important feature of the Santoku knife are the deeper blades. We can divide the service process into three different segments.
- The laundry.
- Tightening up.
The knives should be washed after each use. But not in the middle of a cut. When you’re done working with the knives, wash them right away. Immediate washing is always safe for knives. We used to cut different kinds of food such as vegetables, fruit, fish, meat, etc. and cut any kind of food that had to be washed with a knife. It prevents food contamination. Maximum number of place settings recommended for hand washing. Wash the knives with a mild detergent and dry them with dry clothes or in the open air. Some knives can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Those that can be washed in the dishwasher.
Storage is very important. The maximum number of knives is not annoying because the knives are abused, but because of poor storage. Do not store the open knife with other tools or metal knives. Use knife blocks, a leather case, etc.
Japanese knives are very famous for their long sharpness. But one day it gets boring. Then you have to sharpen the knife. To resharpen the knife, you can send it to the manufacturer. If this is not possible, you can resharpen them. With a hoarse tone you can sharpen everything again.
Of all Japanese knives, Santoku knives are widely used because of their versatility and efficient cutting method. These short-bladed knives are crucial for three important cutting tasks: Cutting, dicing and shredding.
We talked about six different Santoku knives from different well-known Japanese brands. These are the best Santoku knives on the planet. They’re all good. They are all appreciated by professional chefs all over the world. You can make your choice by reading the comparison table and the short comments I wrote above.
zelite infinity santoku knife,5-inch santoku knife,best santoku knife wirecutter,best santoku knife america's test kitchen,best santoku knife 2020,best santoku knife under $50,best santoku knife reddit
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.